Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The "Silent Killer"

I went to the doctor yesterday and we talked about my sinus problems - I will use a spray that will hopefully shrink my polyps and we will see how it is after a month or so.

The big news is that I have high blood pressure.  My top number was normal, but my bottom number was in the severe zone.  The doctor kept telling me it is a number usually seen only in the ER.  So, needless to say I am on a water pill to see if it helps lower my blood pressure.  And no more procrastinating on the exercise, it is one of the best ways to lower blood pressure.  I am supposed to lower my sodium as well.  I don't add salt when I cook, but I am guilty of using canned soup.  I'll have to change that.

 I have to get blood tests and an EKG on Friday morning at the hospital on Friday.  I will go back to the doctor in 2 weeks and see how my blood pressure is, if it is getting lower or if I need new medication.  I have a blood pressure monitor at home to track my BP.

Nothing like a good scare to get someone doing the right thing....

1 comment: