Saturday, October 22, 2011

Changes

If anyone has read my blog (or knows me IRL), you will know that I have been looking desperately  for a job since I went on Maternity leave with Ethan.  Ethan is almost 2.5 and I am still commuting. 

All that is about to change.  I had a job interview last week, and I was offered the job on Monday.  I tried not to act too excited as I accepted the job over the phone.  I start on October 31.

I will be working in the Loan Compliance Department of the local Credit Union (read: bank).  It is a Monday to Friday job.  It is about a 3 minute drive from home, and a 1 minute drive from Ethan's daycare.  I am pretty excited about not having to drive 1 hour each way to work every day.  The pay is about $3,000 less per year, but since I am paying roughly $4,500 per year in gas I will still be bringing home more money.

I need to wear business suits once I start, and that is the part that is freaking me out the most.  My jobs have all been either business casual or casual, so I definitely do not have the wardrobe for the job yet.  The credit union will reimburse me up to 50% for some of the clothing so I am happy about that.  Now I need to lose weight so I can have more options in my wardrobe :)

I am actually a little sad about leaving my job.  I liked the people I worked with.  The job itself wasn't exactly rocket science, I am pretty sure I won't miss that, but will definitely miss the camaraderie I found there.  Since I will be in a "satellite" location away from the main branch, I am not sure how many people I will be working with.  It might be easier to lose weight without so many people bringing in treats every day...

I am hoping this will be a positive change for my family, the long hours were really starting to get to all of us.  Mike still needs to commute, but at least with me closer I can get more stuff done and take a little of the burden off him.  I am looking forward to seeing how much we are affected by this positive change.

2 comments:

  1. The long days can really take its toll can't it? I know it was such a big stress relieve when Jeff started his job in town. And it improved our relationship too in many ways.

    New clothes!! Shopping trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the shopping, but will be more excited once I lose weight and can buy nicer stuff :)

    ReplyDelete